To be responsible for the delivery and execution of cyber security across Woolworths South Africa. To work as part of the IT GRC & Cyber team and with partners across the Group to continually improve security posture. This role reports to the CISO and is a leadership role requiring demonstrable experience in building, delivering, and improving cyber security capabilities with a strong focus on people and processes. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town.
- Leadership and management of the cyber security team covering responsibilities, delivery, development and performance management
- Management of key external security service relationships
- Management of internal partnerships for execution, including context setting, skills transfer and up-skilling
- Work with the CISO and other key stakeholders to define and drive the cyber security strategy
- Take responsibility for monitoring the attack surface and improving security posture accordingly
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of cyber security operations, processes and ways of working
- Translate strategic security requirements into practical solutions and drive implementation
- Contribute to the completion and ongoing maintenance of Cyber and Information Security Policies, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines
- Remain aware of global security industry trends and influence the strategy accordingly
- Understand Cyber, IT and Business strategies and contribute to the creation and delivery of annual cyber operating plans
- Plan and prioritize projects and workload to deliver to the operating plan
- 12 years relevant experience within the cyber and information security discipline
- Demonstrable experience in leading a specialised team within a large environment
- Experience with security frameworks, practices, technologies and processes
- May be required to assist outside of working hours
- Practical experience with the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Working knowledge of NIST CSF and PCI-DSS
- Previous hands-on technical security experiences is advantageous
- 3-year IT qualification advantageous
- Makes sound technical decisions based on understanding of what is commercially achievable within technological constraints.
- Leverages research on technology-related concepts, trends and best practices to provide guidance on IT roadmap.
- Set technical policies and procedures to support IT stability and success aligned to evolving technologies and methodologies.
- Responsive to external influences (positive or negative) on the organisation.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of business operations and organisational metrics and trends.
- Quickly identifies key issues, stakeholders and viewpoints in a complex situation or problem
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and proactively works to overcome potential obstacles
- Asks perceptive, probing questions to get to the heart of the matter
- Plans and ensures implementation of activities/projects identified in business strategy
- Maintains a keen awareness of the interrelationships among various components of large-scale activities/projects
- Seeks and influences new relationships outside own unit and identifies new collaborative partnerships that better position programmes and services.
- Shares information with colleagues and partners about industry trends and business opportunities.
- Actively listens, interprets and presents messages in different ways to enhance understanding.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A