Running and owning the preparation and presentation of focused and innovative products and ranges. Including BIIC, Food services, Projects, catering and Work shops
- Showcase and educate the foods group regarding both existing and new cooking methods, working closely with the trends and projects team
- Showcase and educate the foods group regarding the use and application of new ingredients and raw materials into practical meals or dishes.
- Manage and continually update the running of the green kitchen
- Manage all catering functions, meeting the briefs and cost budget.
- Manage Projects, BIIC, Re-setting the standards and workshops
- Provide culinary inspiration for the foods group, through demo’s workshops and presentations.
- Manage the training and development of hospitality staff to implement food services table menus and recipe implementation
- Managing all outside hiring of props, equipment, supplies etc for functions
- Manage Students and Jnr Innovation chefs
- Setting of eating quality standards within the foods group and where possible supply base
- Coaching and facilitation skills
- Computer literacy.
- Experience having worked in a team
- 1-2 yr relevant diploma or degree with food service / hospitality emphasis
- Chef experience is essential
- A deep understanding of the food service / hospitality industry, both local and internationally.
- Creative/Innovative – is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace; engages in innovative thinking in unusual situations
- Product Development Skills – commercial aptitude – ability to understand and use financial indicators
- Sensory Evaluation Skills/Taste – the ability to distinguish and articulate ingredients, product quality, flavour profiles, and product attributes
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in food service / hospitality industry.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A