Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will develop strategies and objectives which will maximize the operational performance by leveraging your ability to analyze key performance indicators while developing the capabilities and mentoring our multi layered leadership team.
- Develops strategies to be prepared for business challenges, as well as, changing business trends. Frequently compares trends with forecast to determine variances.
- Sets parameters, develops goals, allocates resources, and establishes effective controls to achieve goals, standards, budgets and KPIs. Assists in ensuring operational excellence across operations for the DC and adherence to divisional processes and procedures.
- Assists in overseeing the facility and equipment, working to ensure all components of the facility are functioning properly.
- Reviews plans and strategies regularly to ensure changes in forecast and trends are properly anticipated and prepared for. Maintains high standards across the distribution center’s functions.
- Models, supports, and ensures compliance to operational standards, company culture, beliefs, and values.
- Leads the management team, directly and indirectly, in searching for improvement opportunities using Lean principles.
- Maintains a productive, positive, and motivated workforce. A proven developer of people. Evaluates talent, provides performance feedback, allocates time and resources, and fosters development opportunities to support the organizational planning process. Ensures performance successes are appropriately shared and celebrated. Ensures performance deficiencies are appropriately addressed.
- Creates and maintains an organized, clean and safe workplace.
- Ensures appropriate merchandise flow (volume and timing) to meet store needs at, or below, budgeted cost.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in a high-paced operational role, including but not limited to warehouse, distribution center, fulfillment center or supply chain management OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in a high-paced operational role, including but not limited to warehouse, distribution center, fulfillment center or supply chain management.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Experience owning quality and efficiency KPIs and scheduling a large workforce.
- Experience leading and facilitating cross-functional teams.
- Business degree in Logistics or Industrial/Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience working with automated systems (RF technology, WMS, conveyor and sortation).
- At least 1 year of Lean experience in a manufacturing or Logistics environment.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Experience building and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Experience managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moreno Valley, California, United Statesv
Application Deadline: N/A