The R&D team is responsible for several initiatives that stand to save Venmo millions of dollars in the coming years. The two primary efforts are building infrastructure to build mobile app features in react native, and our GraphQL Orchestration layer. Our products are used by millions of users every day and must operate at a scale that meets our hockey-stick user growth and rapid portfolio expansion. We are seeking customer-focused frontend engineers who will work closely with our product and design partners to build, user-test, and iterate new features in our web platforms. We are a new small team that values ego-free code reviews, code quality, staying intellectually curious and always searching for better ways to get things done.
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer, you will assist us in creating delightful user experiences for our customers, and thoughtful, robust frameworks to empower other developers. You will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and building innovative, human-centered, high-throughput mobile applications. You should be equally comfortable starting from scratch as well as diving into an existing project to make it better. You will also be expected to be a role model on coding standards, tools, platforms and other best practices for the R&D team.
- Design and development of frontend features and components for the Venmo mobile apps
- Develop frontend architecture and influence implementation that is aligned with business objectives
- Iterate with our UX and Product teams in an agile environment to bring features from conception to launch
- Collaborate with Platform, Infrastructure and InfoSec teams to ensure apps operate at scale and meet security requirements
- Write clean, high-quality code and tests while keeping the user experience fast and reliable
- Reduce the level of technical debt of the mobile codebases
- Build the optimal design and model for the UI that incorporates responsive design and accessibility concerns
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Lead and participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
- Define and steward technical standards and code quality
- Conduct peer code reviews for pull requests
- Provide mentorship to fellow engineers
- 5+ years total experience delivering large-scale applications, with at least 3 years working with React.js, Node.js, etc.
- Experience building and supporting libraries and frameworks used to empower other developers.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well. Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A