About Us At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds! Venmo is recruiting a Technical Program Manager Lead to lead portfolios for the Payments and Platform engineering teams as they build for our next several years of rapid business expansion.
- Manage the team of Program Managers who support the Payments and Platform teams at Venmo
- Deliver the engineering organization’s portfolio, including the technical roadmap to grow and scale Venmo as well as driving technical deploys in support of the product roadmap
- Help to build engineering forecasting and reporting tools to improve delivery
- Be an Agile champion for all engineers, testers and leads
- Collaborate with PMO leadership to drive the product lifecycle and product prioritization process
- Evangalize the PMO and the engineering portfolio with internal and external stakeholders across Venmo and PayPal
- Build, implement and manage the intake process for engineering teams across the organization
- Proactively manage across stakeholder groups to establish interdependencies, identify risks and resource constraints, and eliminate significant roadblocks in a timely fashion.
- Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent programs and external stakeholders, including international regions.
- Success in agile delivery, including use of tools like JIRA
- Success in developing program/project level artifacts to support a major software implementation program with concurrent releases
- Proven track record of delivering products, preferably in the mobile or payments space
- Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
- 8+ years in tech: infrastructure, security, program delivery and/or development
- 1-2 years’ experience in people management
- Deep experience with communicating up to executive leaders
- Experience using data and analytics to help make decisions on your programs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A