As a Staff software engineer for Venmo Experience Engineering you will act as a subject matter expert for the Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work on one of the biggest payments platform that caters to 60 million active users and had a transaction volume of 37 billion dollars in Q2 2020 alone. And we have a YoY growth rate of 70%. Given all these fun challenges, we are a fast-paced organization going through rapid growth that is solving technical challenges at exponential scale. As an organization, we have a strong culture of committing to goals and delivering on timelines.
- Break down monolithic backend systems down to distributed scalable, resilient services/systems.
- Scale our distributed services architecture to support growth while maintaining performance and reliability
- Lead engineering effort(s) and takes ownership of multiple larger project features, modules, or services.
- Provides technical leadership for a team with limited guidance from management or senior teammates.
- Have an appetite to learn and contribute to complex projects alongside your colleagues
- Participate in code reviews
- Design, estimate and implement new and refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably and at scale. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components
- Deliver high quality code on time and follow our SDLC process
- Collaborate with other engineers in software design and development best practices to significantly drive faster iteration and experimentation
- Strong, active advocacy for technical standards and quality across PayPal, Inc.
- Interact with various non-engineering teams such as product, support, finance operations, compliance and legal.
- Follow engineering best practices as well as propose new ones
- Interface with the product and other functional teams and their leadership to deliver new features and services against the product roadmap.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A