Website Valero Energy
Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.As an Executive Administrative Assistant you can report to one or more executive(s) of the organization at the vice presidential level or above with responsibility for a major organization function. Performs advanced, diversified, and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices.
- Communicate executive’s instructions or desires to various individuals and/or departments, and furnishes and obtains information from other executives.
- Operate a personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent.
- Relieve executive of some administrative detail. Within established guidelines and/or executive’s direction, make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements.
- Receive and screen telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors.
Answer routine questions and furnish information to save executive’s time.
- Coordinate administrative duties including filing, processing of invoices and requisitions, monitoring and reconciling controllable expenses, time cards, annual budgets for this expense center and all rollup expense centers, and handle advanced secretarial and administrative functions.
- Plan numerous department events including all employee meetings, United Way celebrations etc.
- Provide administrative support and coordination for I/S Department Intern Program working under direction of assigned department managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and reports including the consolidation and editing of monthly activity reports under direction of executive. May initiate routine correspondence and memoranda not requiring executive’s attention.
- Generate and distribute reports concerning/affecting the activities of the functional areas reporting to executive including the monthly activity reports, budgets and controllable reports.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- PowerPoint and various other software applications (as well as ability to use the Internet) required.
- 8 years of broad/executive secretarial experience required.
- 5 years of high level of skill and proficiency in word processing and administrative procedures required.
- 5 years experience or knowledge and proficiency in MS Word, Excel,
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A