Website Valero Energy
Analyzes work requirements and directs the work of others in the performance of various assigned maintenance duties. Works under a Superintendent and moves up to that position to fill absences. Functions as Work Order Planner as needed. Works with management to coordinate the maintenance and equipment needs of the refinery.
- Ensures maintenance hourly activities/work orders are implemented in a safe and productive manner.
- Provides direction to crafts persons to ensure the highest level of safety, productivity, work quality and reliability.
- Communicates daily activities related to manpower, accomplishments and problem areas to supervision.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedures and manuals using Windows-based computer systems.
- Provides training, development and performance appraisal of craft employees.
- Holds Tool box meetings and inspections necessary to achieve safety goals.
- Oversees designated area work activities during unit turnarounds and outages and reports to Turnaround Supervision.
- Assists craftsperson in solving complex equipment problems.
- Provides a high level of troubleshooting skills.
- Determines the most efficient and safest work methods.
- Communicates daily with supervision as to status of ongoing work and manpower needs.
- Maintains good written records and utilizes SAP effectively.
- Performs estimates for maintenance and repair costs.
- Manages a large number of projects concurrently.
- Produces work orders/permits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 8 years of maintenance experience in a refinery or similar industry required.
- Experience in reading/interpreting drawings and in code requirements in the designated craft areas is required.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- SAP work order and purchase order experience is preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, USv
Application Deadline: N/A