Website Valero Energy
As a Helpdesk Support Specialist you will be responsible for assisting business customers with computer-related issues through various means of contact, including phone, email and intranet portal. This position provides customer support to all locations, as well as to technical staff within the Information Services (I/S) department. Responsibilities for troubleshooting issues and answering questions in regards to the Microsoft Windows environment, Active Directory, Skype, Exchange and non-Microsoft systems.
- Monitor open incident queues and follows up with customers and other support personnel as required.
- Meet established standard operating metrics to satisfy departmental service level goals.
- Publish knowledge base documents for use by other I/S staff and business customers. Adheres to established documenting standards.
- Provide on-site technical support of computing equipment and software to I/S and business customers.
- Perform research and repair activity to ensure computer service for supported locations.
- Maintain the acceptable goals for local helpdesk and virtual helpdesk scorecards.
- Develop cross-functional relationships with business users, I/S departments and Valero business partners.
- Provide knowledge transfer, coaching, and mentoring to technical staff and business customers.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office products, Windows Operating systems or direct helpdesk experience required.
- Helpdesk experience includes knowledge of a variety of desktop PC equipment, packaged software and operating system software required.
- Experience with a helpdesk ticketing system required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A