Website United States Postal Service
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of services.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
- Loads mail in vehicle.
- Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
- Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post; furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Prepares mail for forwarding amd maintains records of change of address information.
- Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
- Conducts special surveys when required.
- Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
- Provides for mail security at all times.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474).
- Individuals who qualify and are selected under this standard will be required to complete prescribed training satisfactory to demonstrate, through testing and/or practical demonstration, possession of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) required for the job. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying. KSAs include Postal Service driving policies, safe driving practices, and skills associated with specific job duties.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of this position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A