Website United States Postal Service
Manages, grows, and retains revenue among assigned portfolio of largest, most complex Field Sales accounts within set geographic territory. Executes comprehensive end-to-end account management and sales process for assigned accounts and largest, most complex new customers within target revenue segment to achieve sales goals by conducting in-person visits to new and existing customers to manage portfolio and close sales.
- Develops multi-level executive customer relationships with key decision makers (i.e., “c” level or strategic level executives) to drive both revenue retention and growth initiatives to achieve assigned sales and revenue retention targets. Conducts negotiations at customers place of business.
- Manages portfolio of accounts within assigned territory and target revenue segment, specializing in largest, most complex accounts with added business requirements, to include multiple geographically dispersed decision-makers, complex operational requirements, use of complex or customized shipping and mailing products.
- Utilizes customer intelligence and market/industry research to assess revenue potential and develop a pipeline of potential new customers, focused on highest-value and most complex opportunities. Generates and prequalifies sales leads and prospects through activities such as cold calling, networking, research, referrals, distributing product information, writing proposals, and visiting current and potential customers. Receives and follows up on sales leads from various lead sources.
- Executes end-to-end sales process for accounts in target revenue segment; provides feedback to management to improve processes and identify new or emerging business trends. Identifies and executes against cross-selling opportunities (e.g., mail marketing, different types of package products and services) to increase USPS revenue and realizes sales targets. Executes against largest, most complex sales opportunities and supports organization-wide targeted sales efforts as needed (e.g., Strike Team).
- Collaborates with field territory representatives within shared territory boundaries to provide coaching in both sales and account management activities (e.g., best way to engage customers to reduce churn, prospecting and sales techniques).
- Collaborates cross-functionally with key stakeholders accountable for customer onboarding and integration, customer care and support, and operational execution to address customer needs involving onboarding/integration, transportation, equipment or unique processing requirements. Regularly builds direct relationship with operations function to ensure customer needs are met.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports on customer information, account management/sales activities, and projected revenue using a customer relationship management system to enhance USPS visibility to the end customer and their needs and to promote accurate revenue and sales reporting.
- Manages interface and integration process for contract negotiations (e.g., Negotiated Sales Agreements (NSA) contracts) and pricing agreements; regularly partners with team accountable for executing customer contracts and pricing agreements to support contract renewal process. Conducts formal and informal customer calls. Prepares for sales calls / customer visits by conducting research and creating new or tailoring generic sales materials.
- Develops and maintains sales skills and knowledge of USPS products and services through ongoing personal development activities such as training, research, and special assignments (e.g., details to Strike Team).
- Ability to manage sales through the entire sales cycle from lead generation to closed sales.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid state driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to establish and maintain multiple customer relationships at “c- suite” level to build trust and understand customer needs.
- Ability to lead appropriate cross-functional teams to develop solutions based on documented customer needs, ensuring that team members have appropriate subject matter expertise to develop solutions.
- Ability to proactively anticipate business needs of large and complex customers and partner with customer and key stakeholders to develop solutions that do not currently exist.
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced sales representatives, providing advice and guidance on sales tactics and customer relationship-building.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing at a level sufficient to develop highly effective relationships with existing and new business customers, independently manage other stakeholders including third-party vendors, and regularly present to sales management.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A