Website United Airlines
The Finance department, which manages the company’s budgets, forecasts and investments and provides analysis of our financial performance and strategies.
- The Sr. Analyst role is responsible for leading the data gathering and complex analysis process to provide best practice recommendations related to Technical Operations staffing standards, scenarios, and optimization.
- As member of the Line or Base/Stores Resource Planning team, is assigned geographic region of stations to support. Utilizes resource planning tool, staffing standards, volume forecast and labor constraints to develop optimal staffing recommendations for future flight schedules for assigned stations. Reviews recommendations with assigned stations and works with Station leadership or their designate to finalize manpower authorization levels for each bid cycle.
- Responsible for overseeing medium to high visibility projects within division.
- Proactively seek out opportunities on process improvement for department and field organizations. Proactively identifies opportunities to reduce service defects and cost to serve.
- Leads cross-functional teams in conducting fact-finding analysis. Seeks out best practice data and make program/process recommendations to support corporate/division programs and policy updates. Develops analyses and recommendations related to future
- Two years experience in resource planning
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, such as Spotfire and Foundry
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of professional work experience
- Bachelors in a quantitative or operations related field (e.g.: industrial engineering, operations management, engineering, statistics, math, business, economics, etc.)
- Green Belt
- Demonstrates proficiency/experience with any structured programming languages/simulation (e.g. C++, SAS, Python, Simio)
- Initiating action, building partnerships, cross-functional teamwork, finding solutions, planning and organizing, self-starter, strong inter-personal skills
- Experience working in or with operations
- Knowledge of simulation tools, SQL, CAD, VBA; TQM, Lean or Six Sigma
- Excellent Communications skills
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office, analytical, problem solver, and has aptitude in measurement, assessment, and evaluation
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance/Economics/Quantitative field highly preferred
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A