Website United Airlines
As part of our baggage handling team, you will work up close and personal with the United fleet of aircraft to meet arriving and departing flights. You will be in constant motion as you take on many assignments like loading and unloading aircraft cargo, moving baggage to and from terminals, and receiving and dispatching aircraft. It’s a varied job that can be fun, rewarding and exhilarating, all at once.
- You and your coworkers work together to get it done, protect each other’s safety and have a good time
- You’ll be working planeside and outside in all kinds of weather and temperatures (we have fun treats like hot chocolate and popsicles when it’s really extreme!)
- You’ll use United technology to track bags and get your assignments.
- From time to time, overtime may be required to help us serve our customers
- Safety is your number one priority, and you are always paying attention to details and to your surroundings
- Physical activity is a key component of this operation. You will be walking and standing most of the day and you will be lifting and transporting many items per flight – in some cases items weighing as much as 70 lbs.
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Must be able to meet the Company attendance standards and uniform and appearance standards
- Comfortable working with computers, mobile devices, and new technologies
- Ability to pass a background check, physical abilities test, hearing and vision tests, and drug screen
- A valid state issued driver’s license with acceptable driving record; must be able to operate automotive and other ramp equipment
- Eligibility to obtain necessary credentials and clearances (FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs and U.S. Postal)
- Physical ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift, as well lift and handle baggage
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must NOT have lived outside of the United States in the past 5 years for any period longer than six months, excluding military duty or government-approved exceptions
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A