Website University of Johannesburg
The School of Tourism & Hospitality develops future-fit leadership for the Tourism & Hospitality sector by providing both high quality programme offerings as well as facilities, which host functions and events. These commercial facilities and services add to the high quality teaching & learning environment that the students are exposed to.
- Report Daily To the sous chef & Chef de partie
- Ensure the daily production against the requirements.
- Ensure that hygiene requirements in terms of HACCP are adhered to.
- Manage the correct use of equipment and ensure maintenance thereof when necessary.
- Providing good customer service to the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and/or mentorship to students in the production of food.
- Conduct assessments of students’ portfolios, behaviour and performance to facilitate the WIL process.
- Diploma (NQF 6) with minimum 2 years job related experience
- At least 6 Months experience in similar position
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Proven computer skills in Windows and MS Office
- Professional cookery experience in the hotel industry, preferably in the 5-star/fine dining environment
- Industry knowledge
- Wine knowledge
- Kitchen management
- Computer Literacy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good organisational and administrative abilities
- Assessment skills
- Understanding of the academic environment
- MICROS experience
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A