Website University of Johannesburg
The role is responsible for the Database and Application administration support and maintenance of the UJ Enterprise systems namely Oracle E-Business Suite, Student Information System (SIS) and Oracle Business Intelligence (BI).
- Perform all aspects of oracle database and application server administrations of Oracle E-Business Suite, Student Information System (SIS) and
- Oracle Business Intelligence environments, including installation, configuration, support, maintenance, performance tuning and upgrades of the oracle suite of products.
- Patch management, patching and version control.
- Environments cloning consisting of both application and database tier.
- Administration and monitoring of concurrent managers, forms and report servers and web servers.
- User access administration and security support.
- Good knowledge in Oracle core database architecture and components.
- Oracle Database administration including backups, recovery, upgrading and general DBA activities.
- Experience in all routine DBA tasks including health checks, troubleshooting issues and installations.
- Integrating E-Business Suite with none Oracle platform systems.
- Good knowledge of PLSQL, and SQL.
- Good knowledge of OEM.
- Bachelor’s degree: IT qualification (NQF level 7)
- Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional (OCP) Certificate
- 8 Years applicable Oracle Application and Database Administrator maintenance and systems support in Oracle 12c and above.
- 5 Years’ experience in Oracle/Red Hat Linux 5 and above version.
- Experience in OEM and Oracle Grid control installation and configuration is essential.
- Competence in the use of Oracle Business Intelligence (BI), Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports.
- Strong in cloning and applying patches in Oracle ebusiness suite environments.
- Strong in troubleshooting concurrent managers.
- Strong in database backup, Restore & Recovery procedures using Backup Exec and/or RMAN.
- Strong in Oracle ebusiness suite and database monitoring and performance tuning advisor.
- Strong desire and passion to learn new technologies.
- Good verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively document procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality.
- The ability to individually manage projects and deliver documentation solutions.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work weekends and after business hours when required.
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A