Website University of the Free State
- Operate and manage scientific equipment and/or scientific processes in support of others’
- Research or teaching.
- Responsible for the use and management of laboratory space.
- Conduct analytical related activities including analytical chromatographic method development.
- Collect and analyse data.
- Develop and prepare preclinical herbal formulations for compounds in discovery and preclinical development, design and conduct experiments to determine physicochemical and solid-state properties of new natural chemical entities.
- Support herbal drug formulation development.
- Represent formulations group in cross-functional meetings, prepare and present data as well as write development reports.
- Train others in the use of scientific equipment and processes.
- Assist Researchers with experimental design.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of lectures/ labs/ seminars or fieldwork.
- Undertake supervision of students’ technical work.
- Carry out administrative and/or compliance work within a department.
- Carry out pharmaceutical contract research work.
- Raise funding through grant applications and contract research.
- Publish original science research papers.
- Undertake contract industry research.
- Participate in all departmental academic activities.
- Produce scientifically publishable data.
- Publish original science research and review papers.
- Willingness and ability to work reliably on a flexible work schedule, Monday – Friday and some weekends or where pre-planned on public holidays, to meet the demands of the Pharmacology research group.
- A PhD on NQF level 10 in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences (or related discipline) or equivalent with relevant research/ teaching experience or industry pharmaceutical development.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant work experience in mammalian cell culture laboratories.
- Laboratory management experience with proven record of experience.
- Strong experience and knowledge in developing preclinical formulations to support discovery and toxicology studies.
- Hands on experience in HPLC/LC-MS or any other analytical methods.
- Strong knowledge of product formulation studies.
Company: University of the Free State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein
Application Deadline: N/A