Website University of Cape Town
We are seeking to appoint on 1 January 2023 a Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Music Theory and Composition with an emerging international profile as composer, as well as experience in teaching music theory and composition in the Western idiom. The successful applicant will form part of a team of lecturers dedicated to the teaching of all aspects of music theory, composition, and musicology at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Producing creative research outputs.
- Administrative duties.
- Teaching of senior undergraduate courses in music theory, composition and orchestration.
- Postgraduate supervision of both written and composition components.
- An MMus in composition or equivalent.
- An established national profile as composer.
- A doctoral degree (PhD, DMA) or equivalent.
- An established national and emerging international profile as composer.
- Experience of teaching undergraduate courses in the field of music theory, composition, and orchestration.
- Some experience of postgraduate supervision of both written and composition components would be an advantage.
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A