Website Tsebo Solutions Group
We recruiting an Assistant Catering Manager to join our team. In this role you would be required to assist the manager in the day-to-day management tasks of providing a catering service to the required standards.
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Fedics has 47 years of experience of catering to all segments across society. The successful incumbent should have extensive client interaction as well as operational experience.
- To assist in the production of meals, snacks and functions, paying particular attention to the quality and presentation thereof.
- To ensure that all tasks and jobs are satisfactorily completed, assuming these duties when necessary.
- To assist with lunch service.
- To assist with the planning and costing of menus.
- To place orders with suppliers.
- To assist with the completion of all administrative returns, salary variations, etc.
- To issue stocks and received goods, checking quality, quantity and price, also ensuring that these stocks are correctly stored and rotated.
- To make regular inspections to ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained.
- To carry out regular On-the-Job Training sessions, be constantly aware of staff who have potential for development and ensure that these people are highlighted for promotion.
- To be fully conversant with HACCP and NOSA regulations and report any defect to the manager.
- To be sensitive to the needs of subordinate staff and report any problems or breaches of discipline to the manager.
- To be security conscious at all times and ensure storerooms, safes and lockable areas are secure.
- To assist with stocktaking on a regular basis.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- To assume control of the restaurant and use own initiative in the absence of the Manager.
- To take part in catering exhibitions, thus gaining further knowledge and experience.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Be able to pay attention to detail.
- Have good interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Be able to work irregular hours, on weekends and public holidays.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good grooming and presentation skills.
- Must be comfortable working with computers
- Must able to negotiate, organise, delegate and work under pressure.
- Be 21 years of age and have at least 2 years’ experience in the catering and / or restaurant industry on a supervisory level. Must have completed at least a standard 10 / secondary education
Company: Tsebo Solutions Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville
Application Deadline: N/A