Website Tsebo Solutions Group
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Fedics has 47 years of experience of catering to all segments across society. The successful incumbent should have extensive client interaction as well as operational experience.
- To ensure the provision of quality food and service, to the requirements and satisfaction of the company.
- This includes all meals, functions and resale items.
- To plan and cost menus, making sure that budgetary limits and prescribed menus are adhered to.
- To ensure correct and timeous completion of all administrative work.
- To ensure that cash-up procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that all monies are banked in accordance with laid-down procedures.
- To ensure that staff records are up to date and kept in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Hire, train, and schedule catering staff, and be actively involved in the development of existing catering staff in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities include the reporting of operating statements, reports, and operational budgets, and review of the collection of receivables.
- Menu development & costing, marketing functions as they relate to the catering department.
- To ensure that hygiene standards comply with company and statutory requirements.
- To ensure effective security in all areas under your control.
- To be aware of and respond the needs of your staff, including induction, monitoring performance, coaching and ensuring that appropriate training is affected.
- To carry out On-the-Job Training as requested by the company.
- To ensure that regular fire drills are held, evacuation procedures understood and effected.
- To ensure that HACCP and NOSA regulations are adhered to.
- To complete and submit all necessary, relevant documentation in the event of fire, theft, burglary or accident.
- To ensure that staff are correctly dressed at all times.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Be able to pay attention to detail.
- Have good interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Be able to work irregular hours, on weekends and public holidays.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good grooming and presentation skills.
- Must be comfortable working with computers
- Must able to negotiate, organise, delegate and work under pressure.
- Be 21 years of age and have at least 4 years’ experience in the catering and / or restaurant industry on a managerial / assistant level.
- Must have completed at least a standard 10 / secondary education.
Company: Tsebo Solutions Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London
Application Deadline: N/A