Website Tsebo Solutions Group
Tsebo Solutions Group are in search of a seasoned Senior Data Analyst in the Thorburn Southern Region to collate and convert data to intelligence so stakeholders can understand data and use it to make strategic business decisions.
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimize their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimize our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
- Drawing key requirements from internal stakeholders and logically defining key challenges and the steps required to resolve them.
- Using BI tools (Power BI) to extract data from primary and secondary sources, including Microsoft SQL Server.
- Supporting the implementation of a Data Warehouse via Microsoft SQL Server.
- Perform unit and integration testing on existing and new developments.
- Autonomously keep up to date with internal operating procedure and workplace governance protocols.
- Regularly produce clean and maintainable code with clear documentation. Inspect existing functionality and actively remedial instances of corrupted data, raised errors or any other related problems.
- Developing and maintaining databases, data systems. Support extraction, manipulation and integration with supplier data.
- Performing exploratory data analysis to assess quality and meaning of data – Scrutinizing the data to identify patterns and provide user insight.
- Using statistical significance testing to identify, analyze, and interpret trends in complex data sets in order draw conclusions or extrapolate predictions.
- Analyze local and national trends that impact both; the organization, and the industry.
- Preparing reports that clearly consolidate conclusions and findings to management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant interpretable approaches. This will include the incorporation of client specific data (where this is made available to Thorburn) to achieve new insights.
- Support to the Director: ESS to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies. This will include working with external suppliers who provide data to Thorburn.
- Preparing final analysis reports to internal stakeholders (operations) and clients, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
- Perform any ad-hoc duty that may be assigned to you by Management from time to time.
- Strong quantitative aptitude to help collect, organize and draw conclusions from data. As well as strong literacy skillset to be able to communicate those conclusions.
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, C Sharp (C#), and Python,
- Technical proficiency regarding database schema design.
- Experience in handling reporting packages like Business Objects.
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical packages (SPSS, R, statsmodels, Excel).
- Knowledge of data visualization software such as Power BI.
- Knowledge of modern data science methodologies. (Linear Regression, classification, data mining, time series analysis, NLP etc. )
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Team-working skills
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Proven working experience in data analysis
- Computer Science BSc preferable
- 3+ Years experience in SQL 2008 R2/2012
- 3+ Years experience in SSIS ETL
- Qlikview/Qliksense Experience Preferable
Company: Tsebo Solutions Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A