Drives the alignment with the various functions within Group Finance, OD Finance functions as well as the Group Leadership Team using a finance lens that maximizes value creation and achieves financial strategy, operationalising the value-creation agenda through effective planning and performance management, change leadership in finance, communicating progress and stakeholder management.
The GM in the office of the GCFO will champion value creation and lead transformation for the finance function to drive better business decision making together with mitigating risks and exposures – financial and non-financial.
Oversight of strategic deliverables by finance functions to the GCFO, including but not limited to the Corporate Plan, Integrated Reporting as well as quarterly and interim reporting, interactions with investors and credit rating agencies, and interactions with the Shareholder Minister and the National Treasury.
- Drives the strategic objectives laid out in the Transnet strategy as it relates to the financial sustainability objectives
- Strategic support to the GCFO
- Position the finance function as a strategic partner to the rest of the business
- Accountable for financial transformation (Health)
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- A 4 year degree in Finance with a post graduate qualification is a requirement;
- SAICA Registration as a CA (SA) is required;
- An MBA/L qualification would be an advantage;
- 15 years’ experience as a Specialist in various areas within Finance including 8 to 10 years at senior management level;
- Requirement of Trust and Honesty in the handling of Finances as per the National Credit Act Amendment 19.
- Driver’s license code 08
- Travel as required and approved
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A