- To develop, implement and manage effective performance management strategies and governance for Transnet aligned with overall People Management strategy and Transnet business requirements.
- Establish and embed the strategic workforce planning methodology, system and processes across the organization.
- Conduct the forecasting and planning of the workforce across Transnet to ensure that the required skills and capabilities are in place for supporting business performance and ensuring the sustainability of the organisation both currently and in the future.
- Inform tactical and strategic long-term forecasting and planning with insights, trends and impactful analyses across all levels.
- Develop and implement Performance Management strategies, systems, processes and methodologies for Transnet that are aligned with, and in support of business requirements and People Management strategy .
- As process owner of Performance Management, formulate the policies and methodology for these processes both for Bargaining Unit and management levels.
- Ensure effective facilitation of Performance Management processes in line with the policy and governance rules
- Research, develop and implement sound methodologies and practices that meet organisational needs and that will support the achievement of Transnet business targets and objectives at all levels.
- Liaise and lead engagements and ensure sound stakeholder relations with executive management levels and key stakeholders such as HR Business Partners, OD process owners, ER, Labour, and relevant service providers
- Devise and implement best in class monitoring and reporting systems.
- Keep abreast of performance management theory, methodologies and trends, nationally and internationally.
- Ensure effective integration of Performance Management with other processes in the approved HCM or relevant system.
- Establish and embed the strategic workforce planning strategy, system and methodology across the organization.
- Develop and implement strategic workforce planning (SWP) and demand forecasting processes in partnership with relevant key stakeholders across the business
- Source and implement an appropriate SWP system and methodology suitable for Transnet and it’s diverse businesses and operational environments.
- Translate workforce plans into skills requirements in order to meet business requirements and objectives.
- Ensure integration across all Operating Divisions Provide organisational leadership with accurate information pertaining to the current and future skills and competencies required to ensure continued business performance and the sustainability of all operating divisions.
- Support the end-to-end cycle of workforce planning from collection during annual planning to tracking and governance throughout the year.
- Establish an agile forecasting process and methodology able to inform the business accurately
- Provide data analytics and interpret results to support management decision making relating to headcount, strategy, organization workforce design, workforce competency modelling, internal movement, etc.
- Develop and review internal governance and control measures including policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines to ensure good and proper governance.
- Minimum of a 4 year relevant degree in Human Resources/ Psychology, Social Sciences, Engineering, Sciences, Humanities or related.
- A post graduate qualification in Finance or Economics or related will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ practical experience in Human Resources, of which 5 must have been in a senior management level
- Experience in HR data analytics is required.
- Effective communication across all levels of the organisation is required.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing Performance Management and Strategic Workforce programmes and initiatives in a medium to large organisation.
- Extensive experience in leading diverse teams.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A