Leads and drives the development and execution of the Transversal (Finance; SCM & Governance) Assurance/ Internal Audit Plan and Advisory Plan, in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and provides assurance on the status of internal controls across Transnet Corporate Centre and Operating Divisions focusing on development of policies and procedures by the support functions (which include Finance, Supply chain Management, Risk Management & Governance) at the Group Centre and their implementation across the Operating Divisions.
- Interpret the company strategy inclusive of the Finance, Supply Chain and Governance specific objectives / goals and relevant policies and procedures to develop a roadmap and strategy for the Transversal assurance and advisory plan.
- Implement the Transversal assurance and advisory strategy and plan taking into account emerging business risks and external regulatory developments
- Lead the allocated team to ensure implementation of the Transversal assurance and advisory plan according to TIA methodology
- Embed the combined assurance strategy and principles into Transversal strategy and plan.
- Pro-actively facilitate business risk validations, themes of performance assessments across TCC and the ODs and determine the maturity of assurance
- Conduct industry and regulatory research of legislative advancements, best practices and changes in support of the Transversal assurance and advisory plan development
- Ensure effective internal and external stakeholder communication, involvement and buy-in.
- Manage and monitor implementation of the roadmap to ensure goals are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management/Supply Chain Management/Finance/Commerce or other relevant to the audit profession
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting/Auditing/Governance and CA (SA)/CIA/Certified Risk Management Practitioner or equivalent will be an advantage
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience in a Senior Management role of which at least 5 years is in an audit environment
- Minimum of a year’s experience of auditing or working within Risk Management, Finance, Treasury, Company Secretariat or Supply Chain
- Work experience in a large organisation will be an advantage
- People management experience will be an advantage.
- Experience in transport/logistics industry will be an advantage.
- Requirement of trust and honesty in the handling of finances as per the National Credit Act Amendment 19.
- Standard Job Requirements:
- Driver’s license
- Regular travel and visits to project sites and operational environments
- Willing to work extended working hours
- Willing to travel locally and internationally
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kimberley
Application Deadline: N/A