The Regional Technical Trainer position requires someone with exceptional ability to develop & deliver learning solutions within their region. The Tesla Regional Technical Trainer will take responsibility for ensuring their Service region is equipped to deliver the best ownership experience the world has ever seen for every Tesla owner. Key responsibilities include facilitating hands-on technical training, mentoring and supporting a decentralized network of coaches, and partnering closely with local Service Managers to close skill gaps and elevate the performance of their teams.
This individual must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, results-oriented, and have a passion for and understanding of electric vehicles. Must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor.
- Provide ongoing training and development support to ensure a problem-solving and customer-centric mindset is applied and effectively utilized across Tesla.
- Facilitate instructor-led and virtual technical training on electric vehicles equipped with complex automotive and electromechanical systems to enable employees to perform their role safely and to Tesla’s standards.
- Manage the operations of the regional training hub including, but not limited to: training schedule, fleet management, inventory maintenance, daily operations, etc.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the most current product knowledge, methods, techniques, and best practices.
- Support local apprentice programs as needed, including delivering training, supporting apprentice mentors, and reviewing training materials.
- Partner with Managers and Coaches to validate and quantify skill development of employees.
- Serve, coach and mentor a decentralized network of Service Coaches within market to enhance core capabilities and ensure continuous process improvement.
- Supports the development and launch of field engagement events, such as skill competitions.
- Shares best practices with Technical L&D peers.
- Maintains close relationships with partner teams such as Technical Operations, Engineering, and regional technical and field support teams
- Equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Strong automotive system diagnosis and repair knowledge. Experience with electric vehicles preferred.
- Experience with Tesla’s infotainment and driver’s assistance systems strongly preferred.
- Training and coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 60% of the time.
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
- Proactive, flexible, confident, professional, and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives working independently; also able to contribute strongly as a member of a high performing team.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated confidence and professionalism in working in a customer-facing role.
- Tech savvy – able to expertly use a full suite of office and learning technologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A