The Metrology Technician will need strong knowledge of applied metrology as well as GD&T to be able to answer questions. Work will require participation in cross-functional teams and some supplier meetings.
- Support the development and lead the implementation of Metrology standards and best practices in all aspects of Dimensional inspection inside and outside the Metrology lab
- Coordinate calibration activities, ensure that all test and measurement equipment is calibrated prior to use.
- Work closely with Dimensional and Quality engineers in regards to continuous improvement activities, solving problems and improving overall product quality by having the proper CMM and PCMM programs
- Possesses the ability to present to the executive level by providing Clear and Concise information
- Make sure that all Metrology equipment is working efficiently 24/7 and that the whole metrology team has the proper equipment and time to achieve their work
- Conduct BOM reviews with Quality engineers and Incoming Quality Teams to make sure that all AQL and In-Process checks are measuring the proper features.
- Able to communicate daily tasks to metrology team
- Support development of each Metrology technician’s expertise through training sessions or external technical training.
- Will structure projects and carry them through, providing direction to techs, organizing and leading weekly update meetings.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Must be available to travel as needed (Domestic and International)
- Self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment as an individual or with a team
- Strong attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
- Experience with metal fabrication methods including welding
- Read and comprehend detailed technical drawings, diagrams, schematics, C of A’s, catalog systems, and bill of materials.
- Basic 3D Modeling software use (CATIA, SolidWorks, CoCreate, etc.) to degree of model verification, dimensional inquiry
- Ability to work with testing equipment – i.e. oscilloscope, multi-meter, signal generator, etc.
- Familiarity with soldering, wire termination, encapsulation and other electronics construction and troubleshooting and/or repair
- Familiarity with PLC logic
- Familiarity with robotic programming (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL, JAVA, Python
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A