Tesla is looking for a highly motivated, goal oriented engineering technician to contribute to implementing new business and enterprise resource planning systems and help troubleshoot issues with existing ones. Through a detailed understanding of the factory objectives and extensive collaboration with internal and external teams, the engineering technician will help improve processes to increase overall efficiency. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a supporting systems implementation and troubleshooting in service manufacturing areas.
- Assist material flow engineers in developing and deploying efficient systems to integrate production associates, machines, material requirements, and information to achieve optimal manufacturing state
- Perform systems configuration of Tesla systems to reflect physical process
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and recommend process changes for system issues
- Update demand counters, min max values, home locations for material
- Collaborate with production management and cross-functional support teams to identify systems constraints and execute solutions accordingly
- Monitor replenishment on the lines on daily basis and report out on discrepancies
- Update demand counters, min/max, replenishment quantities and home locations
- Create standard operating procedure and training documents for successful handoff to operations
- Understands the definition of Inventory, Inventory Management Systems
- Moderate data analysis skills – tableau knowledge is a plus
- Lean Manufacturing, Warehouse experience is a plus
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Visio is a plus). Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematic drawings and formulas.
- Preferred Associates Degree or postsecondary certificate in Manufacturing Technology or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience working as a technician or production lead.
- Position will be based 90% in Lathrop, CA and 10% in Fremont, CA. Will require driving and travel multiple Tesla locations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A