We are looking for highly skilled Tool and Die Specialists who have experience with new build and tryout on automotive dies. We are looking for candidates who are shift flexible and available to work overtime, based on business needs.
- Promote and ensure safe working practices and a healthy work environment.
- Promote and ensure Tesla policies are enforced.
- Work with tryout supervisor and the design team to help implement quality loops.
- Promote team work.
- Willing to travel to support the jobs that that you lead and some other travel as needed.
- Build and tryout all different forms of stamping tooling.
- Trouble shoot all problems with little to no supervision.
- Develop trim lines, and hole locations.
- Run production when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Provide written line ups for the opposing shift.
- Be able to work on multiple dies at one time.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by department manager.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
- Proficient at spotting Class A tooling
- Be proactive with suggestions on keeping tooling on track with the timeline.
- Learn and have a good knowledge base of viewing software.
- Tool and Die trade obtained at die design and build facility including hands-on CNC die surface machining
- Automotive die maintenance and repair
- 5+ years hands on experience working in automotive die build and tryout, including Class A tools
- Experience in new vehicle development and launch activities
- Experience with interpretation of dimensional inspection results (checking fixture, CMM or vision system)
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Ability to Weld tool steel and castings of all types
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A