Tesla Collision is seeking an energetic professional with a proven record of accomplishment of managing people and processes to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. The Collision Center Back of House Manager is the leader of our collision shop floor teams. In this role, you will be responsible for leading an engaged team of technicians while delivering an impeccable service experience through driving excellent results and delivering operational efficiency in our collision centers. This position requires a Clear understanding of Production systems and collision shop workflow, utilizing critical thought processes and root cause analysis
- Work with employees to resolve technical and personnel problems. Schedule employees to effectively meet collision repair needs and to ensure vacation and other time off consistent with company policies.
- Responsible for selecting team members and ensuring they receive the required training. Conduct regularly scheduled one on one developmental meetings with team members to facilitate their professional development and leveling in Chare your career. Monitor training needs/requirements of the team and individuals and coordinate training as required in partnership with training team resources
- Provide effective supervision and coaching to assigned technical employees to achieve the required quality and service output goals. Maintain appropriate shop records and inventories. Manage the smooth flow of work through the collision center.
- Partner with Collision Manager to establish targets for quality, speed and cost in line with customer and business needs
- Serve as the process leader for shop activities, ensuring work standards are defined and systemically improved with input from collision technicians and the rest of the collision center team
- Ensure that work standards and available engineering procedures are current, accurate and that all work is done in compliance to ensure maximum quality.
- Provide effective daily communication in order to keep all team members working toward the same goals. Communicate to employees all issues that affect the service center and overall service organization.
- Lead, coach and develop a highly engaged team of technicians
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Collision Manager to support business.
- Monitor to ensure that all employees comply with safety regulations and the collision center’s safety program.
- Partner with Collision Manager to scale and grow the production of the shop in support of company targets
- 7-10 years Collision technical aptitude or experience is preferred
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings weekends and holidays
- One to three years of industrial supervisory or similar leadership experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, understanding of repair estimates.
- Prior leadership experience in a collision-focused industry preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, establish and achieve goals.
- Able to effectively interact with customers as required
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality / quantity.
- Ability to lead group root cause problem solving activities and rapidly develop countermeasures
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A