Website Telesure Investment Holdings - TIH
Support and maintain database systems and identify potential risk to data and integrity not only on database level but also Infrastructure level. The role is responsible for planning, developing, installing, configuring, supporting, and optimizing all open source database related systems. The role is core to executing strategy and will involve working closely with IT functional and technical areas, process owners, business and vendors. The role is operational in nature with elements of operational support, execution and design
- Assist in designing distribution of database resources and provide physical modeling and design services to tune database applications for optimum performance. Maintain software and hardware requirements to ensure efficient operation of the database environment. Ensure business continuity through the use of disaster recovery and high availability solutions. Ensure maintenance tasks and / jobs are created and run successfully. To identify open source DB Infrastructure bottlenecks (Server/Storage/Application) constraints and provide possible solutions. Use understanding of manual builds/management of open source DB solutions. Use understanding of Ops Manager automation builds/management. Promotes and enforces adoption of standards, process, and SLAs.
- Contribute to Infrastructure with the relevant configurations – Active/Active versus Active/Passive. Strive for 100% availability of the open source DB Infrastructures and database access. Assist in maintaining a full overview of the open source database landscape based on the IT strategy, identify constraints and risks which need to be addressed.
- Contribute to approval process for database specifications to ensure all agreed standards and protocols are followed and data integrity is preserved. Enforce standards and best practices for database systems environment.
- Interpret data and identify possible answers. Solutions could be technical or professional in nature. Work with internal GIT departments to scrutinize and provide guidance for required solutions. Understand 3rd party solutions which makes use of open source databases. Interact with service providers to understand new possible technologies which can replace current solutions where deem fit.
- Install and test complex databases and associated products to ensure they are suitable for use and meet customer requirements.
- Implement required security measures such as data encryption, monitoring performance to notify security experts of any problems
- Prepare and coordinate the completion of various data and analytics reports. Report (weekly) on database server health to management.
- Create and maintain technical and/or user documentation to a high standard and back up files to ensure instant recovery if problems occur.
- General Education
- Grade 12/ SAQA Accredited Equivalent (Essential);
- Relevant industry qualifications: MongoDB Developer and/or MongoDB Operations Training (Advantageous);
- MongoDB Atlas OF400 (Advantageous);
- Relevant degree in IT (Advantageous);
- Relevant Redis certifications (Advantageous).
- General Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Multiplatform environments with a focus on MongoDB (Essential);
- A demonstrated proficiency of tuning and administration of large Mongo/NoSQL databases (Essential);
- Demonstrated ability working with multiple database platforms (Essential);
- Experience in Redis cache enterprise support and management (Advantageous);
- Experience with database performance, scaling, and tuning concepts (Advantageous);
- Experience with other SQL and NoSQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MariaDB/MySQL, etc. (Advantageous)
- SAQA Accredited Equivalent* – It is the onus of the applicant to provide TIH and its subsidiaries with certified evidence that their qualification(s) meet the equivalent NQF level required for this role at time of application.
Company: Telesure Investment Holdings – TIH
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng
Application Deadline: N/A