takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented DC Operations Trainer to join our team in Johannesburg.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Leads operations training for new and current employees
- Tracks employee progress and assists in analysing training program effectiveness
- Collaborate with the DC leadership team to identify staff training and development needs for improved performance and provide resources and trainings to meet those needs.
- Assist in the coaching of staff towards meeting and exceeding performance expectations for quantity, quality, timeliness, and efficiency
- Conduct on-the-job training and employee orientation including Safety Methods Training and Production Standards for company employees in the Operations department
- Demonstrate, train and enforce Operational “Best Practices”
- Assist supervisors and management staff with people development.
- Identify areas that need the most improvement and report to supervisor for quality enhancement
- Drive and implement a multi skilling program
- Assist with annual performance review
- Assist in rolling-our the company training program ( my academy)
- Ensure SOP are adhered to
- Routinely audit Operational SOP
- Develop training material for new equipment and processes
- Train and support the understanding of operational KPI
- Works on ad hoc projects and events.
- Preparation of management reports
- Collaborate with project and operations managers
- Design, implement, and train on newly designed processes
- Constant engagement with the workforce on the operational floor to evaluate SOP adherence and training requirements
- Degree/Diploma in HR / Supply Chain / Operations management / Industrial engineering or similar
- 3-5 years field experience in staff training / staff development
- Experience in BEST OPERATING PRACTICES
- Experience in Continuous improvement / Six Sigma
- Strong People management affinity
- Warehousing and FMCG experience beneficial
- WMS systems experience beneficial
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Experience in the management of staff
- Strong administration skills
- Computer Literate (Intermediate to Advance Excel skills, PowerPoint presentations skills, MS Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Project Management)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A