takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented DC Industrial Engineer to join our team in the Johannesburg Distribution Center.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Evaluate core processes within the DC operation and integrate them in a unique and creative way to solve business problems.
- Design and conduct time and motion studies to develop standard work routines; best practises and realistic/measurable productivity expectations.
- Performing routine audits of systems and operational processes.
- Advise on improvements of Key Performance Indicators that impacts operations and processes with different stakeholders.
- Conduct RCA to identify uncommon and everyday issues within DC operations.
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities and risks in storage optimisation; material handling and process conformance.
- Collaborate and communicate the above mentioned with Head of Departments (HODs) and Development team.
- Capture, design and make recommendations to process flow through risk, security and productivity gap analysis.
- Develop and maintain work standards and characteristics that promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Design, implement and maintain 5s initiatives across all departments.
- Develop inhouse forecasting models for packaging, consumables, assets and labour based on volumes and budget.
- Design, test, and procure equipment for solutions and operational needs
- Design and modify facility and process drawings using AutoCAD
- Support continuous improvement projects and initiatives by actively adhering to lean principles, design of experiments (ex: Six Sigma; Simulation design etc.)
- Assist in identifying facility design requirements based on activity levels, flow and business requirements.
- Development and construction of tools to aid operations in their day to day activities.
- Support operational departments in ad-hoc expertise requirements
- Support Infrastructure Development teams in executing their construction projects; this entails working with and coordinating staff for stock moves, equipment moves, change management, and pushing deadlines
- Project manage assigned improvement and initiatives from design & order placement to implementation & execution
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Previous experience in mini project management.
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player.
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems.
- Critical and Systems thinking.
- Passionate about change and improvement.
- Process fault finding and resolution
- BEng Industrial Engineering, BCom Logistics or similar degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience within DC operations
- Project Management experience
- Previous experience with WMS systems such as Oracle, Manhattan, Red Prairie, SAP, Highjump or similar is beneficial
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages
- Experience in FMCG and Retail industry beneficial
- Knowledge of simulations and models advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A