takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented DC Champion to join our team at the Johannesburg Warehouse.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Ensure that the department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support the goals of the business
- Implement improvement processes and maintain procedures and systems to minimise costs and maximise working capital
- Ensuring all work areas are clean and tidy and safe for staff to work in (Housekeeping)
- Evaluate daily operational reports to ensure key critical areas of the department are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Ensure that all processes are completed on the same day. Daily planning with line Managers
- Oversee the DC Assistants and motivate attention to detail, for constant accuracy and turn-around times.
- Assist with managing outputs within the department. Maintaining quality and quantity of work.
- Assist to maintain FIFO of tasks within the department.
- Ensure escalated daily operational queries from team are resolved timeously
- Conduct daily group meetings and escalate any issues arising from it.
- Shift work when required.
- Understand all the aspects and processes related to Inbound.
- Have a detailed understanding of warehouse management systems
- Problem solving skills required
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Must be able to train staff
- Matric/ Grade 12 or equal qualification
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Have proven relevant experience in Picking, Packing, Receiving, Supplier Collects and Inventory (in applicable departments within the DC)
- 4-5 years warehouse experience
- 2 years supervisory experience/exposure would be advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A