takealot.com a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly experienced and skilled Shift Manager for our Johannesburg warehouse. The ideal candidate should have experience in the warehouse, distribution and supply chain industry.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The Shift Manager has complete responsibility for Inventory functional processes within the DC, managing all aspects of stock handling from receipt from suppliers to dispatch to customers. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with TAKEALOT explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven and fast-moving environment of E-commerce.
- Manage and ensure that Inventory is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business
- Manage and implement the Company Policies & Procedures within the Inventory department and ensure that they is are strictly adhered to
- Increase productivity and Inventory accuracy in support of SLA to customers.
- Manage day to day Inventory operations
- Production Investigations (minimizing pick fails and stock investigations)
- Daily Cycle counting
- Bin and location accuracy
- Shrinkage investigations/ Stock Reconciliation for TAL, SUP and Market Place
- Space consolidation
- Stock replenishment strategy and model
- Inventory exceptions – Minimize expired stock, internal damages and pilferage.
- Agility to customer facing complaints and queries (Not What I ordered Tickets and Zendesk Queries)
- Supervise and ensure accurate stock movement projects
- Investigate and account for all aged IBLPN’s within the DC’s (Receiving grids, doors, pending put-away, work in progress locations and desk locations.
- Optimize the customer experience by ensuring the right product quantities, in the right places, at the right time
- Control of inventory management-related tools and systems ensuring settings are correct and optimized. Automate whenever possible
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the inventory processes are controlled
- Effective leadership and direction for the operations team through involvement and effective communication with internal stakeholders to
- deliver on the relevant key business drivers
- Measure and manage staff through formal staff appraisals, development, coaching and disciplinary procedures
- Conform to all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards and legislation as set out by the business and the OHS Act
- Drive continuous improvement measures within your department
- Decisions taken guided by company values
- Responsible for shift planning by planning shifts in advance – Shift planning includes staffing and equipment requirements according to volumes and timing.
- Report on shift outcome, Plan vs actual.
- Corrective action for all quality non conformances on shift.
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Supply chain; Engineering; Logistics; Management
- 5+ years previous experience in the Logistics, Supply Chain, Warehousing and Distribution environment.
- Oracle experience would be advantageous
- Organized and detailed oriented with proven experience of managing inventory
- A Self- starter who is tenacious at identifying and resolving challenges
- Passionate about customer service within the supply chain environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, MS Access and PowerPoint)
- Experience creating and setting weekly operating plans and presenting to line manager
- Have a detailed understanding of inventory control / warehouse management systems (including reverse logistics)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Must be willing to work overtime as and when required. This overtime will be unpaid due to the level of the position
- E-commerce experience
- ERP systems knowledge
- Experience in working with budgets and cost analysis.
- LEAN or continuous improvement
- Performance management skills –knowledge of Industrial Relations and practices
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A