takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Business Data Analyst to join our team in Cape Town
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Perform ongoing technical data analysis to identify the root cause of system and data quality issues and translate the findings into technical specifications/solutions for engineering and other relevant teams
- Work with the Product Manager for Catalogue to define the data structure for Takealot’s catalogue information, as well as the key metrics that will be tracked to measure the quality of Takealot’s product catalogue
- Work on business specifications for reporting tools to monitor the quality of Takealot’s product catalogue information, by collaborating closely with various teams, including Takealot’s Business Intelligence team.
- Plan and lead workshops with stakeholders and technical resources to elicit detailed, low level functional requirements
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into their constituent details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs.
- Collaborate with technical lead and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with project team to analyze information needs and functional requirements to deliver the following artefacts as needed:
- Business/functional requirement specification
- Workflow / process flow diagrams
- Data Model/s
- Obtain sign-off on the specifications
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by attending daily team meetings and initiating functional clarification sessions where needed.
- Be the liaison between the business and the engineering team.
- Project manage the implementation of selected project initiatives.
- Review the test plan and test scripts to ensure quality and coverage
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high quality, innovative, clean solutions
- Ability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Versatile and with an appetite to learn by doing
- Highly structured thinker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or similar degree
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in business analysis, product management or a related field
- Experience defining solutions for user facing websites and systems is advantageous
- Experience in data analysis, particularly with large data sets
- Experience in working with mySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A