takealot.com a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly experienced and skilled Shift Manager for our Cape Town Warehouse. The ideal candidate should have experience in the warehouse, distribution and supply chain industry.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Overall management and coordination of all warehousing function in the Inbound and Outbound area.
- Operate an efficient Distribution Centre by identifying, implementing and managing optimal processes and procedures, to minimize costs and maximize working capital.
- Responsible for efficiently managing all aspects of stock handling from picking stock orders to shipping and dispatching of parcels and associated processes
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly planning is done for all Inbound and Outbound operations including but not limited to, resource planning, departmental organisational design, relief planning, seasonal planning and manage adherence to plans.
- Effective management of housekeeping including but not limited to frequent engagement with OHS Officer, design, implementation and audit of departmental standards in accordance with business objectives.
- Management of resources to be effective and efficient at lowest cost and according to changing needs
- Effective leadership and direction for the operations team through involvement and communication to deliver on the relevant key business drivers.
- Manage customer liaison process and ensure that Outbound queries are resolved timeously and exception trends are addressed and resolved.
- Ensure that warehouse space, equipment and warehouse flow is optimized and that future warehouse requirements are planned.
- Ensure stock accuracy through disciplined stock control and implement stock accuracy improvement initiatives.
- Measure and manage staff through formal staff appraisals, development, coaching and disciplinary procedures.
- Assert and drive accountability in all levels of staff
- Ensure that all business processes, procedures and job profiles are documented, updated and communicated to staff.
- Management reporting in terms of operational performance, productivity, stock control and budgets.
- Participate in annual budget process and long term planning; control monthly operational costs to stay within budget.
- Efficient and safe operation of DC automation systems
- Cost effective and accurate use-, forecasting- and procurement of packaging consumables in line with budget plans and volume projections.
- Manage projects according to stipulated time frames.
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers where required
- Conform to all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards and legislation as set out by the business and the OHS Act
- Drive continuous improvement measures within your department
- Engagement with internal stakeholders including but not limited to, national operations, human resources, risk & security and other relevant support functions
- Bachelor’s degree / National Diploma in, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics required.
- 8-10 years’ experience in Supply Chain Operations
- experience in operational project management,
- 8 year experience managing a large staff complement
- continuous improvement experience (Lean principles, 5S, multiskilling, cost saving drives)
- Proven track record of successfully implementing operational best practices in a distribution and warehousing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- A structured and disciplined management style.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with high energy levels.
- Well-developed business and operational acumen.
- Must be Analytically minded and able to find and use data to inform decision making.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Good attention to detail (imperative)
- Strong Customer Service orientation Goal orientated and motivated to succeed;
- Dynamic individual with proven experience in delivering change and innovative solutions.
- Preferred experience:
- Fast paced environment
- E-commerce experience (preferable)
- Fine picking experience
- ERP systems knowledge
- Experience in working with budgets and cost analysis.
- LEAN or continuous improvement
- Performance management skills –knowledge of Industrial Relations and practices
- Strong financial acumen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A