Mr D Food, a subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Junior Graphic Designer to join our Mr D Food team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Adhere to team processes and quality standards
- Adapt and roll out approved concepts to various media
- Make sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right formats and sizes before being supplied to go-live
- Implementing and delivering on feedback accurately and gain approval from senior management and peers
- Consistently delivering work on time, without sacrificing attention to detail
- Create concepts based on brand strategy, brief and insights
- Adhere to brand identity and guidelines
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time
- Collaborate effectively with peers in the design and marketing team
- Develop work, iterate, prepare mockups and present work
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills to accurately convey your concepts to clients and team members
- Have a strong, well-rounded portfolio that showcases your individual design aesthetic
- Excellent understanding of digital design best practices. Understanding of print best practices is advantageous.
- Have an on-trend, collection of design references on platforms such as Behance and/or Pinterest and/or Instagram.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- Excellent self-management and time management
- Illustration or photography skills advantageous
- Enthusiasm for being a part of a fast-moving start-up environment and passion for design
- Key software capabilities include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Figma. Adobe After Effects is
- Excellent understanding of design principles, not limited to but including layout, colour, contrast, typography, scale, and composition.
- Good understanding of social media and social media marketing
- 0-3 years’ work experience – Must have proven internship as a designer at an advertising or design agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A