Website Swindon Borough Council
The purpose of this role is to manage the day-to-day planning of the multi trade operative’s diaries to ensure all jobs are adequately allocated, attended and jobs re-booked or closed off as necessary. The team are the first point of contact to aid in any queries the tradesman have whilst ensuring the highest level of customer service at all times. You will ensure that all appointments are allocated to the tradesman and attain 100% compliancy.
The role is hybrid working, although office space is provided should you prefer. Hours of work are Monday to Friday (variation of 7.30am – 3.30pm or 10.00am – 6.00pm).
- Appoint follow on works identified by devices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Update and maintain operative’s diaries with availability, in our current systems, this should include sickness, holidays and training.
- Action Scheduler lists on a daily basis and ensure further works are booked in within the KPI timescales.
- Operate within statutory guidance to meet gas and electrical servicing targets.
- Monitor priority one and urgent today job lists for appointing within that day.
- Identify any potential areas of concern and communicate with Trade Manager to ensure that any issues regarding staffing are sorted out.
- Contact the tenant where necessary by telephone.
- Excellent telephone skills with ability to work under pressure.
- Have good problem solving skills to enable resolution before escalation to Trade Manager e.g. Tradesman calls in sick, arrange diaries, contact tenants.
- Awareness and handling of sensitive information is critical.
- Good negotiating skills across a range of parties, the public, trade managers and contractors.
- Ability to demonstrate strong co-ordination skills that lead to high quality outputs within set timescales.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role.
- Fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).
Company: Swindon Borough Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Highworth, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A