Website Swindon Borough Council
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Support Lead, who is passionate about people and strives to make a difference, to join the in house provider services.
Experience of working with vulnerable people in; care homes, community based or with people with learning disabilities and complex needs is essential. You will be a confident leader and team manager, with the ability to motivate and develop, your staff to deliver person centred & focused support. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a friendly approach and the ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
As an enthusiastic, motivated and organised person working together with the senior management team, you will help to create and maintain an excellent reputation for the in house services.
As a Senior Support Lead, you will be responsible for assisting the Deputy Manager in the day-to-day running of the in house provider services. The successful candidate will have a designated service area of responsibility within Swindon Family Breaks or Building Independent Futures Team and will provide support across all in house provider services where required.
- Carry out routine service audits
- Assist the delegation of workloads and care resources
- Ensure effective inductions of all staff, together with supervision of trained staff, as well as providing mentorship and assessment of new care staff
- Have the ability to make a positive change to the lives of individuals within the services
- Support and manage a large, diverse staff team working across the in house services
- Provide guidance and support to your team to ensure the highest levels of care and support are provided to the service users
- Have an understanding of CQC regulations requirements and safeguarding
- Promote independence through re-ablement and enablement to the people we support
- Create and develop support plans and risk assessments
- Use proactive and reactive strategies to manage the support of people who may challenge services
- Create effective rotas, ensuring all needs are met
- Hold regular team and core staff meetings
Company: Swindon Borough Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Faringdon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A