Website Sutter Health
Serves as a single point of contact in ambulatory setting with overall accountability for all supply chain activities. Provides expertise and assistance for all clinical and non-clinical equipment and supplies. Serves as a regionally based Value Management Project Team member in areas of responsibility with a focus on implementation. Facilitates and drives cost reduction opportunities in collaboration with regional and system-based value management activities. Assists in identifying savings initiatives, and provides regular feedback on implementation progress. Assists foundations in understanding methods and processes required to achieve measurable results. Facilitates regional value management team meetings. Works closely with affiliate site leaders, department Managers/Directors and Physicians to ensure procurement goals and objectives are met. Maintains a close working relationship outside contacts including medical sales representatives, vendor customer service representatives, vendor technical assistants, and clinical specialists. Coordinates with Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing, Dock operations, PAR Team members & Management to achieve desired results and ensure the highest quality of customer satisfaction and patient care. Leverages Microsoft Office Suite and program/supply management to meet strict project timelines.
- Demonstrated success in major project coordination and implementation of successful cost containment initiatives.
- Basic proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio, is required. Ability to synthesize data and create meaningful presentation.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
- 2 years of dedicated & formal supply chain experience.
- Self motivated, tactful, professional, courteous and able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to establish work priorities and effectively handle a wide variety of projects.
- Team leadership and organization skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Detail oriented and demonstrate analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to quickly grasp data provided in opportunity analyses and effectively secure feedback to the supplying source as to its quality.
- Knowledge of healthcare products and equipment, inventory sources and alternative sources of supply, purchasing and distribution systems, contract administration and new or emerging trends in the industry.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and work in a team environment.
- Experience and skills typically acquired in the following areas: budgeting, healthcare industry supplies, supply chain management, standardization, utilization, product implementation, contract management and value management
- Ability to manage complex situations with a high degree of variation.
- Ability to successfully facilitate team meetings that may involve competing objectives.
Company: Sutter Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alameda, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A