Website Stellenbosch University
The Applications Specialist: Research Information Systems plays a key role in supporting the implementation and smooth operation of research-related systems and tools. This includes installing, maintaining and monitoring institutional and selected research group-specific applications, troubleshooting any issues related to the performance of applications, evaluating and implementing security measures and controls, and producing and maintaining systems-related documentation. The Applications Specialist is expected to be skilled in multiple research-related applications.
- Managing research-related applications;
- Developing and maintaining systems-related documentation;
- Coordinating proofs of concept for research-related applications and writing advisory reports for possible implementation;
- Providing second-level application support for institutional, research-related applications in accordance with ITs client engagement model;
- Advising technical and non-technical research stakeholders on application-related technical matters, verbally and in writing;
- Recommending ways to enhance the configuration of research-related applications to empower SU researchers and enhancing information security.
- Collaborating with SU IT specialists, vendor IT specialists, and SU research groups to research, advise on, and coordinate the implementation of Research ICT solutions;
- Producing and maintaining project-related documentation;
- Collaborating with the SU IT ISS team and SU citizen developers on research app development projects;
- Leading the project teams.
- Advising on using institutional infrastructure for secure research data management (RDM);
- Collaborating with SU Research Data Management specialists to write Research ICT guidance and advising on data management plans;
- Delivering RDM presentations to research stakeholders.
- B-degree in Information Systems or a related field, OR an advanced diploma in Information Systems or a related field, PLUS at least five years demonstrable information systems or related experience in a higher education environment;
- Knowledge of database management;
- Knowledge of project management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as documentation skills;
- The ability to analyse complex processes and solve problems in a logical way;
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively to deliver outcomes and meet deadlines;
- The ability to self-motivate and work independently with minimal supervision.
Company: Stellenbosch University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch
Application Deadline: N/A