Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- The Facilities Maintenance Field Technician I will perform on-call repairs and preventive maintenance of SWA facilities and equipment (excluding station ground equipment, computer terminals, etc.) as assigned by the Employee’s Leaders.
- The Technician I will be responsible for keeping the workshops and tools clean and organized, maintaining inventory control, and performing other duties as required.
- The Technician I will perform light construction duties, including drywall, acoustical ceiling, tape, bed, texture and painting; work with the
- Team to ensure all repairs are performed and requests responded to in a professional and timely manner; and process daily work order requests.
- The Facilities Maintenance Field Technician I will assist in scheduling contractors and performing work so as to have the least impact on our Customers’ daily operations.
- The Technician I will perform routine, systematic inspections, including functionality and condition of mechanical and electrical rooms, restrooms, public areas, roofs, exterior finishes, sidewalks, holdrooms, potable water cabinets, stairwells, and parking areas (where applicable).
- The Technician I provides facilities maintenance services supporting Southwest’s transportation operations located in various facilities.
- The Facilities Maintenance Field Technician I will assist in the preparation of the facility for extreme weather conditions.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-year basic construction/facility repair experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of applicable construction and building repair fundamentals, including electrical and mechanical repair gained through trade school courses, training programs, or on-the-job experience.
- Must be able to lift and/or move items of 75 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions as necessary.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a Team.
- Must possess Leadership skills to direct maximum performance from outside contractors, and maintain working relationships with Internal Customers.
- Must be a Servant Leader.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and carry a cell phone.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A