Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Digital Workplace team is seeking a Software Engineer with extensive experience in Microsoft 365, Sharepoint and Teams. Solid experience in designing, writing program code, testing, documenting, and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, organizational methodologies, and standards. Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Responsible for and oversees immediate response and maintenance to production program issues.
- Partners with production testers to identify defects and complete testing.
- Tests and implements system enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Partners to maintain systems, manages escalation issues and regular functionality.
- Triages, researches potential defects, and completes repairs. Transition of features to Business support.
- Maintains established procedures and standards to ensure high quality and quantity of work.
- Analyzes and resolves multiple complex problems without direction.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and applies to day –to-day work.
- Understands dependency identification processes in technology work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of own work.
- Partners and leads communication within internal and cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Communicates and collaborates with external vendors regarding knowledge sharing and direction.
- Aligns team for best solution by utilizing experience and offering thought leadership. Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
- Understands and adheres to Agile best practices.
- Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions with minimal guidance.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Understands at a broad level how technology platforms/architectures are applied to automated business solutions.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders’ request.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Experience with MS365 administration and Active Directory, preferred.
- Solid knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Demonstrates consistent knowledge application, skills of software development, and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Solid knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Strong partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Able to analyze and manage large, complex, and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting (based on .Net framework) required for license management, onboarding/off-boarding, auditing, reporting and automation, preferred.
- API programming for the purposes of automation creating new capabilities an RESTful Web Services (MS Graph), preferred.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A