Website HCA Healthcare
As an Insurance Follow-Up Representative, you will process medical insurance accounts to address claim issues and to affect payment and/or bring them to resolution. You will research claim status with carriers via various portals to reach resolution and payment of claims.
- Process related correspondence from insurance companies and perform pertinent follow-up.
- Escalate issues to Team Lead or Manager as necessary
- Place outbound calls to insurance companies, guarantors, patients, doctors’ offices and/or facilities and handle incoming calls as necessary utilizing proper customer service protocol.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct
- Status account and document all work performed in the company and client computer systems.
- Assess accounts to determine the next appropriate course of action in line with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Duties may vary by location
- Reconcile balances and payments between insurance companies and clients computer systems.
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Experience following up with insurance companies for claims, appeals and denials.
- Ability to read and understand EOB statements
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology (such as procedure codes, diagnoses, and patient liability), and full understanding of hospital/physician billing
- Understanding of co-pay, co-insurance, primary and secondary payer in regards to medical insurance coverage, paper and electronic claims processing
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Medical Billing/Follow-up for a facility, medical clinic, or doctor’s office and experience with Microsoft Office suite and standard office equipment required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Company: HCA Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A