BART is looking for highly experienced desktop, application, database, network and security professionals that want to focus their careers on working with cutting edge security tools. The Cybersecurity Division offers a collaborative environment with a major emphasis on ensuring that our Cybersecurity Engineers get the training, support and certifications they need to better combat the evolving threat landscape.
- Monitors and Tunes the District’s Unified Cyber Security Program.
- Provides highly technical security expertise and support related to alarms and monitoring devices that participate in District Security Objectives (DSO’s); Oversees and resolves business and support issues related to RAILS.
- Under general supervision develops and implements the design of a complex unified cyber security program.
- Collects automated progress metrics for all technology projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the qualifications.
- Coordinates and implements enterprise design and remediation solutions based on gathered statistics.
- Evaluates business and technical security requirements; driving the selection, prototyping and implementation of applications and technical solutions; and effectively communicating inherent security risks to non-technical users and administrators
- Develops and maintains inventory lists generated from advanced forensic investigation.
- Manages the various security projects including performing impact diagnostics on existing technology projects.
- Responsible for analyzing and testing attack and penetration of Internet infrastructure and Web-based applications utilizing manual and automated tools.
- Coordinates with law enforcement to maintain District security.
- Implements and tunes algorithms used to monitor both machine and human behavior.
- Three (3) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable professional experience in an Information Security Operations and/or design role, which must have included Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Defense, Digital Surveillance, or related experience.
- Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GIAC, CEH, CPT are strongly preferred.
- Additional professional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis. A college degree and information security related certification (s) and detailed hands-on network experience developing enterprise cyber security programs is highly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A