City of Tacoma
The City of Tacoma Information Technology department is hiring a GIS Developer that will be the department’s leading subject matter expert in GIS Development, providing strategic direction for GIS Development at the City of Tacoma. They will work collaboratively with a team of GIS analysts, system and data administrators, and customer support staff to deliver mission critical applications to several City departments and external users, across various technologies and platforms. They will play an important role in utilizing GIS to support the City’s Racial Equity Action Plans (REAPs), reach vulnerable populations and promote equity.
The incumbent will own end-to-end GIS development projects, from engaging customers and gathering requirements to developing and deploying solutions; not necessarily creating these from scratch, but configuring and leveraging existing OOB solutions, as applicable. We are looking for someone with broad general knowledge of tools, technologies, languages and frameworks and who is comfortable dabbling in the unknown, reworking existing code, writing queries and integrating apps with new platforms/sites/apps as needed.
- Enterprise level storage platform management and administration
- Enterprise level hypervisor management and administration
- Hyper converged compute platform management and administration
- Administration and support a multi-domain Windows enterprise
- SQL database administration
- Project technical resource
- Equivalent combination to : A Bachelor degree in computer science or related field and five (5) or more years directly related information technology work experience.
- Incumbents are required to successfully pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check.
- Microsoft certifications (any or all) in Core Infrastructure
- VMWare certifications
- Cohesity certifications
- Expert knowledge of computer technology principles, their application, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Expert knowledge of specialized technologies, such as applications, tools, systems, and/or databases.
- Expert knowledge of system security systems, backup, disaster recovery and related processes.
- Expert knowledge in detecting, diagnosing and correcting the source of errors in logs.
- Expert knowledge of data and system security and other similar technical processes approaches.
- Knowledge of principles and concepts of total quality management and problem solving methods.
- Skill in applying advanced technical knowledge to evaluate and resolve complex tasks such as planning and directing projects, conducting capacity planning, coordinating or facilitating the installation of complex systems, hardware, software, application interfaces or applications.
- Understands and applies principles and practices of leadership, motivation and teambuilding.
- Skills in following directions under broad guidelines, and independently explore, and evaluate technical solutions to complex problems.
- Skill in programming and the understanding of development and designing best practices.
- Skills in communicating and representing enterprise-wide computing standards for both technical and non-technical staff.
- Skill in understanding, following and giving oral and written directions effectively.
- Work confidentially and with discretion.
- Develop and implement quality assurance testing and performance monitoring, using quality assurance techniques and best practices.
Company: City of Tacoma
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A