We’re on the lookout for an experienced Food Product Developer who will has strong consumer focused category , brand and product development experience within FMCG. Must be able to Interpret customer needs and lifestyle trends to deliver a product development plan that delivers innovation, maximizes base growth, ensures consistent high quality, value for money and exceeds our customers’ expectations, whilst contributing to the respective category’s overall profitability.
- Manage the product development process for assigned categories, including the preparation and execution of tenders and cost exercises, product and design briefs, sourcing of suppliers, negotiation of better costs, supplier agreements and new line administration.
- Lead the development of Own Brand products within the category group and ensure the maintenance of existing Own Brand range.
- Identify, analyze and interpret lifestyle, retail and food trends to ensure that the category continues to deliver strategic leading-edge innovation and profitable sales growth.
- Develop strong customer and supplier relationships by developing and delivering on mutually established goals; enhance the Company’s connectivity with business partners.
- Create detailed launch plans for new products in your area of accountability including expected volumes, target price and margin, and benchmark products. Compile the Own Brand Launch plan based on category plans and in accordance with the overall strategies and priorities.
- BSc Consumer Science or Culinary qualification is advantageous
- Regulatory Knowledge (food labelling compliance – R146)
- 5 years + foods product development or related foods experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programmes (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP, BW, Tableau etc.)
- Background should include consumer focused category, brand and product development
- Recipes, ratio & product cost optimization
- Ability to analyse and covert large amounts of data into insights and recommendations
- In depth understanding of the industry and retailer competitive environment
- Proficiency in some or all of: Category Management, Brand Management, Product Development, Sourcing and Supply, packaging management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A