Website Royal Dutch Shell
- Shell is seeking a Maritime Technical Advisor to provide Shipping and Marine support area Shell Manufacturing sites.
- The Louisiana/Mississippi River/Gulf Coast MTA role is expected to provide shipping & marine support and advice to Shell operated manufacturing sites, Shell Chemicals at locations on the US mission is to add value to the waterfront activities at the various sites.
- This role will provide nautical expertise to enhance the management of all aspects of the ship/shore interface. Including but not limited to commercial and risk management issues; incident avoidance/management and investigation assistance including participation with third parties. The role also encompasses significant participation in the assurance of both vessels and Terminals in the region.
- This role also will represent Shell and facility interests in marine issues with regulatory; port authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Conduct SIRE ship/barge inspections. Support Business HSSE advisers in the accurate mapping of HSSE critical activities of shipping operations and the development of HSSE Management System for local shipping supply.
- Primary work location is to be maintained in an office located within Norco refinery. Significant time will also be spent at all the locations supported by the role.
- The area of the role encompasses over seventy 3rd party Terminals and the operations of thousands of individual vessels.
- The ability and willingness to work extended hours at short notice and occasionally at weekends and evenings is essential to manage the demands of the marine industry.
- Stakeholder engagement includes participation in regional industry organizations including Greater New Orleans Port Safety Council, Maritime Navigation Safety Association and the opportunity to participate in other professional industry bodies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- 5 or more years of experience in shipping operations, ship/shore interface management, local, national and international marine standards and regulations. Preferably in Oil & Gas or Chemical industry
- Petroleum / Gas Dangerous Cargo endorsement experience preferred.
- SIRE accreditation a plus
- Incident investigation experience.
- Ability to travel daily to manufacturing sites
Company: Royal Dutch Shell
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norco, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A