Your role as a Senior Trader – West will be to trade term physical and financial power and gas in the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) markets within delegated Value at Risk (VaR) and delegated position limits.
- Work with transportation, transmission, generation assets to maximize economic returns.
- Work with traders, marketers and customers to provide competitive pricing and support.
- You will develop long-term business and trading strategies while operating within existing Manual Authorities and contract parameters.
- You will have a solid understanding of changing supply/demand fundamentals within the geographic region.
- Strong focus on Compliance and Regulatory governance.
- This position works closely with the West Sales and Origination team, as well as supporting Functions (Fundamentals, Operations, Credit, Compliance, Finance, Market Risk).
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or other related fields of study.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in WECC term power trading.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in term trading.
- Knowledge of regional power and gas markets, pipelines, transmission, generation and storage facilities. Leadership skills, decisiveness, respect of colleagues, and the ability to work as a team within a group and with other groups within Shell.
- Maintain a culture where Compliance is a Priority and the highest standards of integrity and ethics are maintained in all interactions with industry participants, customers and internally with other team members and colleagues.
- Understanding of physical and derivatives markets.
- Ability to interpret micro and macro supply and demand fundamentals.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, as well as keen attention to details.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and perform in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, strong written and verbal communications skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bryan, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A