Website Royal Dutch Shell
- Have a good understanding of local HSE legislation and ensure HSE procedures, practices and standards are aligned and in compliance with local laws.
- Conduct incident investigations, inclusive of TRIPOD, prepare trend analysis and share learning from incidents.
- Improve HSSE systems and procedures applicable to SBO Chennai activities.
- Conduct HSE in-house trainings for Shell and contractor staff and other agencies to build HSE competence.
- Coordinate delivery of yearly HSSE & SP Plan, action items and influence to close actions, timely.
- Achieve Health Safety Environment (HSE) excellence though implementation of Shell’s HSSE standards / Control Framework manuals, Life Saving Rules etc. to sustain ‘Goal Zero’.
- Support Shell staff for HSE aspects to deliver HSE compliance and comply with travel safety requirements.
- Participate & drive Hazards & Effects Management Process (HEMP), Job Hazard Analysis(JHA), Safety Inspection, Safety Audit to support the business performance.
- Achieve change in behaviors for Contractor’s site leadership team, HSE team, supervisors and contractor staff by coaching in relation with Shell standards and expectations.
- Achieve quality HSE performance data reports e.g. Fountain Incident Management (FIM), monthly report etc. for SBO Chennai.
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Engineering with 10- 15 Years of industrial/project management / HSE experience.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English and local languages (training / experience).
- Ability to write and review process documents; present information clearly & succinctly in a logical manner (training and / or experience).
- Familiarity with local legislative framework.
- Demonstrated capacity to intervene.
- Knowledge in applying risk-based safety management principles.
- Read & Write knowledge of Tamil /Hindi, preferable.
- A recognized formal qualification in the field of HSE Management is desirable.
- Self-starter, Proactive attitude, Negotiation / Influencing skills and effective team management skills.
Company: Royal Dutch Shell
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Quality Assurance, Health Care Provider, Engineering
Job Location: Chennai, IN
Application Deadline: N/A