Website Royal Dutch Shell
The role serves as civil Management of Change (MOC) Technical Assurance (TA) Level 3 (Shell Technical Competency) representative for all DCAF control points and MOC assurance as required. Is the assigned discipline representative for all civil engineering related issues to Capital Projects & Tank Maintenance groups. The role is expected to drive the prioritization and execution of assigned infrastructure programs while also supporting departmental initiatives and needs as requested. The role also serves as civil representative for Abnormal Situation Management and deliver small single-discipline in-house designs through team as requested. It is expected for him/her to work with and utilize Civil Designers (contract) as needed to leverage engineering and design efforts.
- Provide technical assurance for Front End Design, Detailed Design and Installation of Civil Engineering facilities including
- Identify applicable DEP/Engineering standards for design/construction,
- Sign off on Basis of Design, IFA drawings, and project premises
- Recommending and advising on sub-surface investigation and hydro-trenching
- Reviewing foundation and structural analysis by others,
- Providing guidance on soil compaction and testing, material testing for structural steel bolting and welding, break cylinder compression testing for concrete
- Approving material and job specifications
- Provide support to resolution of field related installation issues
- Attend project related team meetings and other project activities
- Participate in MOC & PSSR sessions for project close-out
- Participate in technical evaluation for competitive bid process
- Escalate technical assurance issues and risks to the Civil Engineering Team Lead
- Ensure final as-built drawings are placed in electronic data base
- Ensure quality QA/QC plans for assigned work.
- Work with all other disciplines in order to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Review and accept engineering documents for conformance and accuracy.
- Make recommendations to the project teams in matters related to structural integrity, constructability, and value engineering.
- Provide input to cost /schedule/project execution
- Execute strategies and compile data in support of Key Performance Indices (KPI’s) goals, cost avoidance and productivity improvements in the Civil discipline.
- SME in the Civil team for Critical Lifts, Fireproofing, Cooling Water Towers, and other assigned asset care categories.
- Own relationship and manage Civil Maintenance Programs. Responsible to develop and progress long term plans and align stakeholders on prioritization and status.
- Consistently identify, vet, and implement new technology.
- Maintain relationships with Civil, Offshore and Pipeline (COP) discipline and contribute to COP networks and SIGN.
- Responsible for assuring Goal Zero.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to safety by being present for safety stand downs and engagements. Conduct field safety walks and process safety snapshots.
- Serve as Contract Owner or Holder for assigned civil/ structural/ geotechnical contractors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required; Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer with Texas license required
- Minimum ten (10) years in civil or structural engineering preferably in a petrochemical, refinery or chemical facility preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to prioritize with demanding stakeholders and drive multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong proven collaboration, verbal communication, presentation, and written skills required.
- Strong relationship building skills.
Company: Royal Dutch Shell
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A